Career Opportunities at Mountain West Insurance & Financial Services, LLC.
If you are looking to join a team of highly skilled professionals and a company that will work to promote your individual success, then Mountain West Insurance & Financial Services, LLC is the employer for you. Mountain West has been serving the Western Slope of Colorado for over 30 years. In 2012, we were listed as one of the top Colorado’s Companies to Watch, and we received Pinnacol Assurance’s prestigious Circle of Safety Award. We have numerous offices across the Western Slope, including offices in; Glenwood Springs, Steamboat Springs, Craig, Meeker, Grand Junction, Montrose, Gunnison, Durango, Pagosa Springs, Alamosa, and we continue to grow and expand our market and area of influence. We pride ourselves on our highly talented and competent team, and are always searching for qualified and energetic talent to join us in becoming the premier Independent Insurance Agency on the Western Slope of Colorado.
If you are interested in a career with Mountain West, please send your resume and cover-letter to Sharon Bell in Human Resources via email@example.com or by mail to 480 West Park Drive, Ste. 100; Grand Junction, CO 81505.
Current Career Listings:
Mountain West Insurance & Financial Services is always looking for professional and energetic individuals to join our diverse team. Specifically, we are looking for individuals who want to work and live in a few of our select locations:
- Craig, Colorado
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Durango, Colorado
- Grand Junction, Colorado
- Montrose, Colorado
- Gunnison, Colorado
Mountain West Insurance is seeking a highly energetic, self-motivated and positive business professional to join our dynamic team for the position of Administrative Assistant. Candidate must have a “can do” attitude and be willing to accept delegated projects with grace and professionalism.
- Answering a high traffic phone system with excellent phone etiquette
- Maintaining the appearance of the reception area
- Stocking office supplies
- Operating day-to-day office equipment
- Opening and scanning mail
- Binding polices
- Processing outgoing mail
- Downloading information from insurance companies
- Doing research and updating our agency management system
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to type/keyboard
- Have strong organizational skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must maintain a professional and kind demeanor to assist our very important clients
- The candidate will always be expected to deliver excellence in service to clients and be respectful of colleagues.
If you are anxious to serve clients and desire to work in a true team atmosphere, we gladly welcome your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Craig, CO
Please send resumes to Sharon Bell at Sharonb@mtnwst.com.
Personal Lines Manager
We are looking for an experienced Personal Lines manager to undertake control of planning, organizing, staffing and operating activities of the Mountain West Insurance & Financial Services, LLC (MWIFS) Personal Lines Department.
- As member of MWIFS management team provide input in company’s strategic goals.
- Assist in the development and implementation of business plan objectives for the personal lines department.
- Manage and direct assigned employees including motivation, performance appraisal, conducting audits, attaining and tracking the goals and key performance indicators.
- Implement agency policies as established.
- Maintain high levels of customer service.
- Provide agency efficiency through workflow improvement and accuracy.
- Implement and continue training of personal lines staff.
- Conduct annual employee reviews and salary recommendation.
- Support full use of the automation system and other sales management and client service tools.
- Create a corporate culture that promotes employee and customer loyalty.
- Offer continuing service and sales to personal lines clients.
- Participate in the selection of new personal lines employees.
- Stay informed of market trends, agency automation, and company information.
- Work with company personnel to set meetings, handle large claims, and customer service issues.
- Work with other management staff to develop and implement marketing plans.
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise to branch office personnel regarding appropriate coverage.
Personnel Management Planning Written Communication Skills Professionalism Oral Communication Skills Project Management Sales Experience Time Management Computer Skills Personal Lines Insurance Background
- High school diploma or equivalent (associate or undergraduate degree preferred)
- Five years personal lines insurance experience in an insurance agency.
- Thorough knowledge of personal lines coverages and markets.
- Supervisory experience.
- Producer’s license.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to travel to Mountain West Insurance & Financial Services’ various office locations (spread throughout western Colorado) to meet with staff, provide staff training, and assist with the onboarding of new employees.
If you are interested and meet the qualifications for the position, email cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. E-mail Sharon Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by July 24, 2017 to be considered for this position.
This job will be posted internally and externally.