The Craig office is located at 100 E. Victory Way, Craig, Colorado, 81625 and can be reached at (970) 824-8185. Our hours of operation are 8:00am-5:00pm M-F. If you need assistance with a quote or current policy, please feel free to Contact Us.
Please visit us at our downtown location. We proudly support our local community organizations.
- Rotary Club of Craig
- Craig Chamber of Commerce
- Northwestern Colorado Bull Sale
- Craig Sea Sharks
- Business Coverage
- Commercial Property
- Health Coverage
- Personal Coverage
We are looking for an experienced controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. To manage and perform all accounting functions necessary for the operation of the agency.
- Verify and pay all company, producer, and vendor payables.
- Review cash receipts and cash disbursements and report any irregularities to management
- Deposit all agency bill collections.
- Reconcile direct bill statements.
- Prepare and perform various journal entries to maintain the agency’s account books.
- Enter appropriate data into computer system on a daily basis to include accounts payable, deposits, and necessary maintenance items.
- Reconcile the bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Maintain the agency’s accounting files as needed.
- Prepare and analyze all financial reports as required to comply with internal and external reporting requirements.
- Monitor departmental budgets throughout the year and report any significant deviations to management with analysis detailing the cause for the deviations and corrective action necessary.
- Maintain/ reconcile all general ledger accounts on a regular base.
- Compile and finalize month-end and year-end reports in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Budgeting Planning Written Communication Skills Professionalism Oral Communication Skills Project Management Mathematical aptitude Time Management Computer Skills Alpha/Numeric Keyboard Skills
- Proven working experience as a controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and financial experience
- Degree in Accounting, or related Business Degree, (MBA preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end closing process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- This position is in Craig, Colorado
If you are interested and meet the qualifications for the position, email cover letter and resume for immediate consideration. E-mail Sharon Bell at email@example.com
Applications must be received by June 30, 2017 to be considered for this position.
This job will be posted internally and externally.